Kosovo UDI: the Clinton legacy
Notes from a Common-place Book: Kosovo: The Real Clinton Legacy just about says it all.
According to Kosovo Travelogue this is certainly not one of the things that Hillary Clinton is hoping to reverse. Under Bill Clinton the US bombed Belgrade and under Bush the US bombed Baghdad, and there is really little difference. Is that one of the things Barack Obama wants to change? I hope so.
Links to a news report with my own comments on the Kosovo UDI are in my Khanya blog.
- The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle compares the Kosovo UDI to Sudetenland.
- Jams O Donnell in The Poor Mouth: UDI says “I hope to God it’s peaceful”
- A Lanson Boy worries that it might be an unviable state and a drain on Western taxpayers
- David Lindsay criticises the BBC for giving a wholly-false version of the history of Yugoslavia
- Chekov writes of the hypocrisy of the Western cheerleaders for Kosovo’s independence
- The Western Confucian is sickened by the USA’s siding with terrorism and pravoslavophobia.
One thing that needs to be borne in mind is that though the majority of the population of Kosovo speak Albanian, they lack the religious tolerance of Albania.
The Albanian government deported Iranian Islamist teachers who incited young people attending a Muslim youth camp at Voskopoje to destroy Christian ikons that had survived the Turks and the Communists. In Kosovo dozens of Christian churches have been destroyed under the noses of Nato troops.